Photo 31102610 © Pressureua | Dreamstime.com
APPOINTMENT OF A COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Closing date for applications: 17 June 2022
The Public Affairs Research Institute (PARI) is looking for a Communications Assistant who will work closely with the Head of Communications to implement the Communications strategy of the organisation.
The Communications Assistant will be working closely with the Communications Manager and be responsible for the content creation on various media platforms. They will update the PARI website and social media platforms, collate information for the annual report, flag media alerts and put out a monthly newsletter. They will also provide media support for PARI events.
Applicants should have:
- An Undergraduate degree
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in running a communication-specific project using different digital tools and platforms
- Some experience in editing documents
- Some experience with online media platforms and content creation.
- Proven understanding and ability to implement social media strategies and campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to use information and communication technologies as tools and resources to achieve objectives (must know how to use the back-end of social media platforms and WordPress
- Strong MS office skills
- Visual literacy skills
- Video editing skills would be an advantage
- The person should be responsible and meticulous. They should work well in a team and be willing to help with other communications or programme tasks where needed.
- Have good interpersonal and relational skills
- Have a driver’s license
- The applicant should be able to provide proof of having been vaccinated against COVID19.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining their suitability for the job and a 4-page (max.) CV to Jessie Turton on firstname.lastname@example.org
The CV which should include:
- Basic biographic details
- The applicant’s educational qualifications.
- Their employment history.
- Applicants should list the kinds of communication programmes or projects they have supported, and what function/role they have played.
- Last, please include 3 references with contact details and a note outlining the relationship of the referee to the applicant (e.g., previous employer, or client). At least one of these references should be able to vouch for work the applicant has undertaken in the last two years.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.