· Chipkin, I and Swilling, M (eds), Betrayal of the Promise, Johannesburg, Stellenbosch and Cape Town: State Capacity Research Group, May 2017. Several major publishers have approached us and the text will soon be under consideration as a book.
· Chipkin, I. ‘ Corruption’s Other Scene: the politics of corruption in South Africa’, in Nimruji Prasad and Jonathan Murphy (eds.), Governance, Resistance and the Post-colonial State (Routledge, 2016.
· Chipkin, Ivor., ‘Middle-Classing in Roodepoort: Unexpected Sites of Post-Apartheid ‘Community’., in Gerard Rosich and Peter Wagner (eds.), The Trouble with Democracy: Political Modernity in the 21st Century (Edinburg University Press, 2015)
· Chipkin, I. Corruzione, ideologia e neutralità: cosa può dirci la corruzione sulla forma dello Stato. Il caso del Sudafrica, Africhi e Orienti (forth coming in 2017)
· Runciman, C, Pillay, S, Chipkin, I, Monama, E and Buthelezi, B. Confrontational, complementary, co-operative or co-opted?’, August 2016
· Chipkin, I, Personalising and De-Personalising Power: The Appointment of Executive Officers in Key State Institutions, PARI Report with support from Business Leadership South Africa, Ferbruary 2017.
· Chipkin, I and Le Roux, M, Government and Constitution, Johannesburg: PARI, forthcoming in June 2017.
· Chipkin, I. ‘The State, Capture and Revolution in Contemporary South Africa’, Johannesburg: PARI Working Paper, August 2016
· Pillay, S., Pearson, J., Chipkin, I. ‘State-Building in South Africa after Apartheid: The History of the National Treasury’, Johannesburg: PARI Working Paper, February 2016
· Chipkin, I, ‘Progressive Politics: In search of a silver lining in the current crisis’ in Daily Maverick, 17 November 2016
· Chipkin, I ‘The Bonds That Tie: Changing South Africa’s public culture’ in Daily Maverick, 13 November 2016
· Chipkin, I, ‘#FeesMustFall: Separating Treasury’s truth from ‘ultra-left’ fiction’ in Daily Maverick, 16 October 2016
· Chipkin, I, ‘In Jacob Zuma, South Africa has found its Gorbachev’ in The Daily Maverick, 31 July 2016
· Chipkin, I. ‘Once Invincible ANC takes on regional , ethnic colours, The ruling party has to confront a decline in support in SA cities’, Sunday Times, May 15 2016