Alliance for Rural Democracy
On 19 February 2018, Mbongiseni Buthelezi attended the Rural Democracy Trust’s National Campaigns Planning Meeting, hosted by the Alliance for Rural Democracy.
Objectives of the meeting:
- Reflect on major trends in the rural economy, governance and accountability
- Review past activities, challenges and achievements and how we build on them
- Look at prospects for action on advocacy, movement-building
The themes and specific areas for reflection include:
- Defending rural democracy through collective & self-organizing
- Accountability and good governance
- Campaigns on Land, Governance and Accountability, Mining
Idlulamithi Scenarios 2030 – Research Conference
On 1 March 2018, Dr Buthelezi will attend a research conference titled, South Africa Scenarios 2030. The event brings together thinkers from fields and institutions across the country to imagine and re-imagine the future of South Africa. The 2-day programme includes panels on the Economy, Work and Society, Land Environmental Justice and Climate Change, the State and Social Cohesion, Social Institutions, Reconciliation and Redress, and Crime and Safety. Dr. Buthelezi’s contribution is on “The Land Question”.