On Wednesday, 27 March, PARI fellow Thokozani Chilenga-Butao moderates a roundtable discussion unpacking the nature of elections, focusing on the challenges and opportunities African states face. The seminar will take place at the Humanities Graduate Centre, Wits University from 09h30.
HUMANITIES GRADUATE CENTRE GUEST LECTURE SERIES
ELECTIONS IN AFRICA
A round table discussion unpacking the nature of elections, focussing on the challenges and opportunities African states face.
- Mrs Thokozani Chilenga Butao – Associate Lecturer, Wits University Political Studies Department (Moderator)
- Mr Terry Tselane – Executive Chairman – Institute of Election Management Services in Africa (IEMSA)
- Prof Annie Chikwanha – Associate Professor UJ Department of Politics and International Relations
- Ms Muneinazvo Kujeke – Peace and Security Expert at the Institute for Security Studies (ISS)
- Mr Jamie Mighti – Wits Law Graduate, International Debating & Public Speaking Champion, Political Analyst